- Last Updated: Wednesday, 22 August 2018 10:45
Todmorden Children's Centre Nursery
Todmorden Children’s Centre Nursery was inspected by Ofsted on 30th August 2016 and we are delighted to announce that the inspector’s judgement was ‘outstanding in all areas’. For a full report click here
Todmorden Children's Centre Nursery is based in Todmorden Children's Centre in the heart of Todmorden. The Children's Centre is located inside Todmorden Community College and is easily accessible on foot or by road from Burnley Road.
We are a warm, friendly nursery supporting 32 childcare places across 3 units - the birth to two room, the toddler room and the pre-school room.
The nursery caters for children aged 0-5 years old.
Todmorden Children's Centre offers early education funded places as well as the 2 year old offer.
If your child is 2, 3 or 4 years old we will try to tailor funded sessions to your individual needs wherever possible. For more information regarding funded (free) places please contact the Children's Centre. We also offer a wide variety of fee paying sessions which are flexible around your family needs, this ranges from full day care, sessional places and wrap around care.
Our qualified, dedicated, caring and experienced practitioners work in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage and we feel the following principles for early year's education are essential:
- Todmorden Children's Centre enables children to have rich and stimulating experiences, the learning environment is arranged in a way to make this possible.
- All staff will build on what children already know and can do; we encourage child led experiences and focus on the child as an individual.
- Our highly qualified Early Years Practitioners observe and respond appropriately to every child.
- Positive relationships with parents and carers are paramount and we ensure all parents, carers and children feel included, secure and valued.
Birth to Two Room for babies up to 2 years old
Our Birth to Two Room provides a warm, stimulating and caring environment for your youngest children.
- We offer six places per session for children aged 0-2 years - Ratio 1 staff to 3 children.
Toddler Room for children aged 2-3 years old
Our Toddler Room provides a warm, stimulating and caring environment for your children.
- We offer twelve places per session for children aged 2-3 years - Ratio 1 staff to 4 children.
Pre-School Unit for children aged 3 years +
Designated Children's Centre staff will care for this age group, following the Early Years Foundation Stage guidance, preparing your child in every area for starting school. If you would like to know more about what happens within this room, then please feel free to discuss this when you have your visits.
- We offer 12 places per session for children aged 3-5 years - Ratio 1 staff to 8 children.
Healthy Menu & Food For Life Early Years Award
Todmorden Children’s Centre Nursery has achieved a prestigious national award in acknowledgement of their commitment to providing outstanding food and food education for children in their care.
By achieving a Soil Association Food for Life Early Years award Todmorden CC Nursery has demonstrated they are providing tasty, nutritious meals and an environment that encourages good social skills and healthy choices. They are also supporting the development of good food habits for life through practical cooking and growing activities and food-based learning – both for children and their parents and carers.
Nursery Opening times are: Monday - Friday 8 am - 5.45 pm
Todmorden Children’s Centre
Todmorden Community College
Tel: 01706 399970