- Last Updated: Tuesday, 28 August 2018 11:11
Siddal Children’s Centre Nursery was inspected by Ofsted on 16th March 2017 and we are delighted to announce that the inspector’s judgement was ‘outstanding in all areas’. For a full report click here
Siddal children’s Centre is based in the grounds of Siddal primary school in the heart of Siddal. The children’s Centre is easily accessible on foot or by road from Backhold Lane along with public transport available right outside. We offer a warm, friendly nursery supporting 26 childcare places across 2 units the birth to three room and the preschool room. The nursery caters for children aged 0-5 years old. Siddal Children’s Centre offers early education funded places ,if your child is 2,3 or 4 years old we will try to tailor funded sessions to your individual needs where possible. For more information in regards to funding places please contact the Children’s Centre. We also offer a wide variety of fee paying sessions which are flexible around your family needs, these range from full day care places to wrap around care before and after school.
Our qualified, dedicated caring and experienced practitioners work in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage and we feel the following principles for early year’s education are essential –
- Siddal Children’s Centre enables children to have rich and stimulating experiences, the learning environment is arranged in a way to make this possible.
- All staff will build on what children already know and can do, we encourage child led experiences and focus on the child as an individual.
- Our highly qualified Early Years Practitioners observe and respond appropriately to every child.
- Positive relationships with parents and carers are paramount and we ensure all parents, carers and children feel included, secure and valued.
Birth to Three Unit
Our birth to three unit provides a warm, stimulating and caring environment for your youngest children.
- We offer six places per day for children aged 0-2 years – Ratio 1 staff to 3 children
- We offer eight places per day for children aged 2-3 years- Ratio 1 staff to 4 children
Designated Children’s Centre staff will care for this age group, following the Early Years Foundation Stage Guidance, preparing your child in every area for starting school.
If you would like to know more about what happens within this room, then please feel free to discuss this when you have your visits.
- We offer 12 places per day for children aged 3-5 years- Ratio 1 staff to 8 children.
Siddal Children’s Centre