What are Children's Centres?
The core purpose of Sure Start children’s centres is to improve outcomes for young children and their families, with a particular focus on those in greatest need. They work to make sure all children are properly prepared for school, regardless of background or family circumstances. They also offer support to parents.
To access our groups training and family support please complete an online membership form HERE
FOCUS ON: The benefits of fresh air for children & babies
There are many health benefits for children and babies who spend time playing outdoors, including:-
• An increased intake of Vitamin D which assists in bone strength and lowers risks of cancer.
• Decreased hyperactivity and depression.
• Children also tend to be more active outdoors which can reduce the risk of child obesity and will give your child the opportunity to benefit from creative and interactive play.
• Going outdoors on a regular basis can also improve your child’s health and wellbeing as the fresh air cleans their lungs, ridding them of such things as car fumes and dust.
• A study has found that babies sleep longer when exposed to plenty of light in the afternoon, a time when many mothers used to put babies in the garden in their prams or take them to a park.
• Children who are healthier tend to get better grades, and playing outside creates healthier minds and bodies.
• A walk in cool but moderate fresh air can help relieve the swelling and congestion caused by a cough.
• cold air does not cause colds, bronchitis, pneumonia, or other respiratory infections.